Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

Customer service is really all about building a relationship, establishing trust and inspiring confidence. Further it “entails processes that focus on delivering value and benefits to customers, not just selling goods, services, and/or ideas.” (MKTG, 9th Edition, pg.2). I was fortunate to experience good service when purchasing my car.  When I moved to Las Vegas from Japan, one of the first things I needed was a phone and of course a means of transportation. My sister and I made a plan to visit several dealerships that day but only ended up needing to visit two. We first went to Hyundai and unfortunately I was not very impressed by our sales person. He certainly did not inspire confidence and seemed to omit information conveniently. Our second stop was the Findlay Honda Dealership, Delmar (our salesperson) was actually waiting right outside as we walked up. He approached us with a smile, and firm hand shake, and immediately asked us how we were doing. I explained to him my specific needs and where I was comfortable as far as a monthly payment. One thing I really liked about Delmar was his sense of humor, he focused on building a relationship with me first. He was also very knowledgeable about the vehicle and explained all its benefits, this created value for me. The financial process was also made easy and explained thoroughly. As you can imagine I drove the car off the lot that day! The customer service did not end there, a couple days later I received a follow up call from Delmar as well his General manager. They both wanted to make sure I was enjoying my car and asked for feedback on my overall experience. This small gesture only affirmed that I had made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment